Block has won a Crystal award in Ad Stars’ special Pivot category, for Otherside Brewing ‘Plan C’.
The Pivot category was introduced this year for campaigns created in response to the coronavirus, which have helped to amplify and reposition brands inkeeping with their core values.
Block was the only agency from Perth to score a winner, with Meerkats (now Wunderman Thompson Perth) and Rare failing to convert their finalists.
AD STARS received 20,028 entries from 60 countries. Australia picked up three Grand Prix prizes in this year’s competition.
Ogilvy Australia, which was the most awarded agency in Australia picked up a Grand Prix in Mobile a Grand Prix in Social & Influencer and a two Golds for KFC ‘Secret Menu’.
Alt.vfx scored a Film Grand Prix for AA Insurance ‘Dinosaur Vs Unicorn’.
Good Oil Films took out the Production Company of the Year title.
Former Perth creative Levi Slavin, now chief creative officer at Colenso BBDO, New Zealand was an executive judge at the AD STARS 2020 Awards, he says: “Overall, we did get a sense of the power of creativity through the work we judged this year. As a tool and weapon, applied properly, creativity can solve anything.”
Valerie Madon, chief creative officer, Asia at VMLY&R also joined AD STARS 2020 as an executive judge and said “It’s really exciting to see that some of the best works this year came from markets like the United Arab Emirates and Sri Lanka. We see more culturally relevant work getting recognition for being insightfully inspired: the impact is clear, even if the executions can be simple.”
11 Grand Prix trophies were awarded to 9 creative companies:
– 72andSunny Los Angeles, USA: ‘Swipe Night’ for Tinder (Brand Experience & Activation Grand Prix) and ‘Next 100’ for NFL (Film Grand Prix)
– Ogilvy Australia: ‘KFC Secret Menu’ for Yum! (Mobile Grand Prix and Social & Influencer Grand Prix)
– Dentsu Inc., Japan: ‘Pocky THE GIFT’ for Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. (Design Grand Prix)
– Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand: ‘Belted Survivors’ for NZ Transport Agency (Diverse Insights Grand Prix)
– Alt.vfx, Australia: ‘Dinosaur Vs Unicorn’ for AA Insurance (Film Grand Prix)
– Walt Disney Company, United States: ‘Pixar Street View’ for Walt Disney World (Outdoor Grand Prix)
– Flock Creative Network, Indonesia: ‘Mad Cousin’ for McDonald’s / PT. Rekso Nasional Food (Print Grand Prix)
– Jung von matt, Germany: ‘For Seasons composed by climate data’ for NDR Elbphilhamornie Orchestra Hamburg, Germany (Radio & Audio Grand Prix)
– WPP Marketing Communications, Thailand: ‘Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange’ for Thai Airways International (Pivot Grand Prix)
Download the winners lists below: