2019 has been a year of change for Youngbloods WA.
The Brand Agency’s Anneliese Sullivan (above right) and Initiative’s Ali MacKellar (left) were appointed as state co-chairs after the committee’s previous leadership team left for opportunities abroad in mid-2019.
Active members of the committee since 2016 and 2017 respectively, Sullivan and MacKellar were excited to take on the roles and to see where 2020 will take them.
“We’ve had an incredible six months,” said MacKellar. “We hosted two ‘Get a Taste Of’ events at Meerkats and Clarity Communications, held our largest quiz night to date, and welcomed a new successful venue, The Court to our tentpole event, Battle of the Ad Bands.”
Sullivan said they have also been working hard behind the scenes on making the most of Youngbloods’ nationalisation.
“The rebrand was instrumental in creating cohesion across Youngbloods Australia and within our own local event marketing. We’ve also upped our social presence significantly.”
Youngbloods WA will continue to be the top resource and network for young people in the industry, standing by their purpose to “empower young people to kill it in the ad world.”
MacKellar and Sullivan said they have a brilliant team of talent from all over Perth in their committee, excited to drive success across 2020:
• Caitlin Jacobs, producer at King Street – Treasurer
• Sophie Park, media account executive at MediaHub – Secretary
• Asha Sinclair, account coordinator at Gatecrasher
• Ben Kelly, consultant at Clarity Communications
• Brandon Piggott, copywriter at Marketforce
• Eloise Cribb, account manager at 303MullenLowe
• Kellie Boyer, senior account manager at Rare
• Martin Atanassov, sales executive at Nine
• Molly McAleavey, business coordinator at Meerkats
Catch Youngbloods WA’s last event for the year, the PADC Skulls Afterparty, at Bob’s Bar next Friday, November 8 sponsored by Beautiful Pictures, Cue Sound, and ZAC Creative.
If you are interested in getting involved with Youngbloods as a sponsor, committee member, or event partner, please reach out to Ali or Anneliese, or get in touch via Facebook. http://youngbloods.org.au