Each week Campaign Brief WA posts positions available within the WA advertising, media & marketing industry. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (please place ‘Employment Opportunities’ in the subject) with the details of your vacancies by 5.00pm Tuesday for listing on Wednesday.
Seven West Media – Marketing Manager
Looking for the next move in your career? A reinvigorated approach to customer-centric marketing, driven by data, presents an exciting new chapter for the high-performing and agile marketing team at Seven West Media (SWM). As the leading listed National multi-platform media business based in Australia, SWM is home to a host of iconic brands including The West Australian, Channel Seven, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers. Here in WA, its Osborne Park office is also home to the bustling 7News newsroom and a cutting-edge, creative & digital content hub.
As the marketing team enters a new period of growth, an opportunity has arisen for a creative and ambitious Marketing Manager to really make their mark.
Reporting to the Head of Acquisition & Retention and managing the Marketing Executive, this role will be fundamental to driving the reinvigorated strategy through the full customer lifecycle, across both our print and digital products. Responsibilities will include managing high profile consumer partnerships & competitions, leveraging these relationships to deliver value for our customers.
This role will bring a true customer-first approach to their work and will champion a suite of customer research projects in the business. You will be curious about our customers and passionate about fostering a data-driven mindset – using new technology & insight to drive all strategic and executional decision-making. Thinking outside the box also comes naturally to you and with a growth mindset, you thrive working with multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously to deliver success.
Objectives of the role include:
• Conceive & deliver the overall competitions strategy and plan for The West Australian, as well as other SWM brands including The Game Tipping, PerthNow & the Sunday Times
• Work with key stakeholders to design & deliver research projects that support the delivery of the overall Marketing strategy
• Work with stakeholders to develop and champion our Customer Value Proposition (CVP) and visual & verbal identity of our brands
• Manage and deliver effective briefs for both media and creative – including digital, online, social, print, TV, radio and other channels where relevant
• Use innovation and fresh thinking to challenge current ways of working, devising and implement strategies to improve customer journeys, and support business objectives
• Work closely with the in-house creative team to deliver best-in-class media & creative executions that help drive cut-through and relevance in the market
• Own and manage the Promotions budget with Finance & the Head of Acquisition & Retention
• Stay informed on industry trends, customer preferences, and the competitive landscape to identify growth opportunities, target new customer segments, and refine customer marketing initiatives
Experience and expertise required for the role includes:
• At least 5 years in a similar marketing role
• Strong media knowledge with demonstrated experience briefing and buying media. Experience managing consumer-led competitions is also desirable
• Strong communication skills, great attention to detail, project management skills and excellent storytelling capability
• Experience in developing a data-driven strategic plan to meet business objectives and a solid financial acumen to both develop and track budget, and present results periodically
• Demonstrated experience managing a direct report(s)
• A demonstrated ability to collaborate and a passion to work with multiple disciplines, encouraging others to share knowledge to achieve common goals
• A problem-solving mindset with the ability to apply structured thinking and the ability to break down and simplify complex problems
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and quickly learn new technologies and tools
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field
Seven West Media will provide you with:
• An inclusive and diverse workplace where caring for each other is the norm
• A culture that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
• A lucrative remuneration package
• Osborne park location with an onsite gym, café and parking
• Employee health and wellbeing support programs
• Work Perks program offering discounts on some of the most popular brands
• Flexible working conditions
• Paid parental leave policy
Be part of our journey and join one of Australia’s most iconic media companies.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Only applicants who have current and valid Australian work rights can apply.
Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au
Loudmouse Digital – Paid Media Specialist
Are you a passionate and driven digital marketing professional, looking to take the next step in your social media advertising career? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where strategy and creativity come together to produce award-winning digital campaigns? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
About the opportunity
Loudmouse Digital is part of the Gatecrasher Advertising stable, with a 20+ year track record of delivering creative campaigns that drive real change. We combine our digital nous with the agency’s creative chops to deliver best-in-class digital solutions across social, search, content and web.
Our client base includes some of WA’s most trusted and established organisations providing opportunities to work across a broad spectrum of categories including behaviour change marketing, ecommerce, retail and tourism.
We are seeking a Paid Media Specialist to join our growing team. You will be responsible for strategising and implementing social media advertising campaigns for our clients. Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will have the chance to make a real impact through delivery of commercial and behaviour change campaigns.
Core responsibilities include
· Campaign Strategy: Develop comprehensive paid media strategies aligned with client objectives, audiences, budgets and relevant channels (primarily Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube).
· Campaign Management: Plan, execute, and monitor social media campaigns, to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and achieve conversion goals.
· Analytics and Insights: Monitor, analyse, and report on key performance metrics to measure the success of paid media campaigns. Use insights to refine strategies and optimise future campaigns.
· Trend Monitoring: Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, tools, and best practices to ensure Loudmouse remains at the forefront of digital innovation.
A bit about you
· You have proven paid social media advertising experience (you know your way around Facebook Ads Manager), backed by 2+ years either client-side or with an agency.
· You have a thorough grasp on digital strategy, in particular best-practice content types and channels for reaching audiences at various stages of the buying journey.
· You understand the fundamentals of social media ad creative, and can liaise with the creative team and designers to guide production of scroll-stopping image and video ads.
· Strong understanding of various social media platforms, analytics tools, and best practices.
· Experience in paid search, SEO, content strategy and GA4 data analysis would be a plus.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team, manage multiple campaigns simultaneously, prioritise and meet deadlines.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
Why work with us
· We understand how important the day-to-day is, so we’ve crafted an environment with clear lines of communication, clear objectives, and the support you need to thrive in your role.
· We encourage you to challenge the status quo – if you know a better way to do something, let’s hear it!
· Anyone can bring creative ideas to the table, we leave our egos at the door.
· We have digital, creative, production and client service teams all under one roof. You’ll be working in a close-knit team, involved in every stage of campaign development.
· We offer ongoing training support and industry event attendance.
· Brand new fitted out offices in the heart of Subiaco, right near the train station.
· Opportunity to work from home one day per week.
· Take your birthday off as a bonus.
· One day a year to volunteer for a cause of your own choice.
· We’re an accredited member agency of the Advertising Council of Australia.
For further information please contact Adam Feilding, firstname.lastname@example.org
equ – Head of Client Partnerships
About the Role
The Head of Client Partnerships will lead and grow a high performing, strategic Client Partnerships team, build strong client relationships underpinned by exceptional performance, whilst focusing on, and meeting, the revenue and growth targets set for the business.
Do you have a genuine passion for the customer, digital product development, digital marketing, CX and UX and the opportunities that it can provide clients? We are seeking the right person who can turn this passion into meaningful and practical solutions for our clients delivering the best strategic digital products for clients.
This is a full-time role, based in our Perth CBD office. We are proud of our hybrid and flexible working model but culture is important to us, so applicants must be able to work from our St Georges Tce office some of the time each week.
You will be accountable for:
· Driving revenue growth by mobilising team members to identify and produce compelling business cases and proposals.
· Expanding and maintaining strategic relationships with clients, driving organic growth by identifying new service provision opportunities.
Client Leadership and Strategy
· Developing a deep understanding of all client’s business objectives, challenges and KPIs and proactively lead the business’s strategic account planning and performance objectives.
· Building strong agency/client relationships based on rapport, trust, and underpinned by consistently high quality delivery.
· Be the driving force behind performance partnerships, ensuring strategic roadmaps are produced, delivered, measured and optimised.
· Bring commercial rigor to all areas of Account Management, ensuring projects and retainers are profitable, while delivering value to our clients.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of client commercial arrangements including contracts, fees, rates and agency/client obligations.
· Manage, lead and grow the Client Partnerships team through a clearly articulated vision and strategy, defined goals and foster a team culture driven by living the agency values and high performance.
The right candidate will be customer first obsessed and has deep knowledge and experience in all areas of digital product development, digital marketing, CX and UX that equate to meaningful and practical solutions for our clients.
Skills you’ll possess:
· A minimum of 8 years of relevant digital industry experience, including deep knowledge and experience in the areas of digital product development, digital marketing, CX and UX.
· Demonstrated experience in leading, mentoring and inspiring teams to achieve goals and targets.
· Proven ability to identify growth opportunities for clients and delivering successful commercial outcomes including top-line and bottom-line growth.
· Experience in stakeholder engagement and management with a history of building strong client relationships in an agency environment.
· Possess an entrepreneurial/commercial focus and be driven and capable to meet agency growth targets.
exceptional = standard
For nearly three decades we’ve harnessed the power of technology to digitally enable and enhance businesses, seamlessly bridging the gap between their today, and their tomorrow.
With a focus on creative collaboration, you’ll get the opportunity to be part of an integrated, multi-disciplined team building innovative solutions for blue-chip clients like Woodside, LWP, FringeWorld, Rottnest Island Authority and more.
Perks beyond the work
As important as the work we create is the environment and culture we nurture. At equ, we’re all equal. With a flat organisational structure, everyone can make a difference. You’ll feel empowered to contribute and drive positive change, whether it’s your first day or your 20th year.
Additional benefits include:
· Personalised professional development. Achieve your career aspirations with growth plans and ongoing training options, tailored to you.
· Yearly bonus incentives. Get recognised and rewarded for your hard work with our bonus incentive program.
· Flexible & hybrid working options. Our focus is on productive collaboration, and we pride ourselves on offering remote and hybrid options to suit all lifestyles.
· Employee assistance program. We believe mental wellness is an integral part of a sustainable career, and provide free and confidential assistance services to all employees.
· Birthday leave. Take a day to celebrate with friends and family. We’ll be ready with cake when you get back.
· Ideal location. With the CBD literally on your doorstep, coffee, cuisine, concerts and culture is all there waiting for you.
· Discounted gym membership. Healthy body, healthy mind. When you’re not exercising your brain, enjoy the benefit of subsidised gym memberships.
· Work from anywhere. Temporarily work from anywhere in the World up to four weeks in a year, to be closer to family and loved ones, or just to experience a new culture.
· Novated Lease. Access valuable discounts to get that car you’ve always wanted.
· Flexible public holiday options. We offer the ability to swap two public holidays a year for alternative cultural celebrations of value to individual employees.
For further information please contact Liesja Mason, HR Manager, email@example.com
Carat – Digital Manager
dentsu is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy through five global leadership brands; Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Carat is the world’s first media agency and privileged to work with some of the most storied and innovative brands in the world. Most recently named a leader amongst global media agencies by Forrester, Carat is consistently ranked the #1 media agency in the world. With over 12,000 experts in over 100 countries Carat delivers an unparalleled capability to unlock real human understanding and connect people and brands through powerful and engaging media experiences.
Operating in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists and partnering with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers our collective vision is to be at the forefront of people-centred transformations that shape society.
What your typical day will look like:
A Digital Manager works with the Digital Director taking on the online planning responsibilities in a team working to develop digital solutions that complement the media strategy. As the title suggests this role is also responsible for managing team workflow and the quality and accuracy of client deliverables.
Core responsibilities include:
· Client engagement has a digital lens – considered a subject matter expert in all aspects of media planning and implementation including ad-ops, brand safety/viewability and measurement.
· A thorough understanding of the digital media marketplace.
· Able to provide a generalist view of all facets of digital media (biddable and non-biddable) and how they can work together effectively in the context of a media strategy and/or plan.
· A broad understanding of the technology and platforms that support the digital ecosystem.
A bit about you:
· Great attention to detail.
· You have a strong, broad digital background where social media strategy, planning and execution played a key part throughout.
· You have experience across the key social & search media platforms and tools (Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, etc)
· Strong communication skills & the ability to manage time & projects effectively.
· Team manager experience is highly desirable.
What’s in it for you:
· Real flexibility to work when and where you feel most productive with our ‘Be the Best You’ policy which includes a $250 contribution to your home office set up
· Carat WA was named Campaign Brief Media Agency of the Year, 2022
· The opportunity to give back with dedicated volunteer leave and our whole-company event, One Day for Change
· Just moved into stunning new offices in the heart of the CBD with the latest technology and amazing end of trip facilities
· 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of service and 3 whole company Wellness days off per year for you to switch off and take your day, your way
· Career Development and Learning & Development opportunities, including access to our global online dentsu University
· dentsu has just been recognised as Google’s leading agency of the Quarter, taking out National Google Honours
· Be part of a global network that truly invests in recognising performance with via our monthly Kaizen Awards and social impact, including having a clearly mapped path to becoming net zero
Become a champion for meaningful progress:
Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be proud of doing so. For us, this is the foundation for great innovation which, in turn, generates better outcomes for our people, partners and communities. This is why we encourage applications from people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
If you want to belong to a one global network where opportunities are limitless – we look forward to welcoming you.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Paramount – Sales Assistant
Paramount is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, Nickelodeon), our digital platform 10 Play that also includes a vast array of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV known as FAST (including numerous MTV and Nickelodeon channels), and our subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
We’re now looking for an enthusiastic Sales Assistant to support our brilliant Sales team in Perth.
This is a permanent full time role.
What you’ll be doing as a Sales Assistant.
The Sales Assistant role is responsible for maintaining all aspects of account management support and providing timely and accurate information to the Sales team and their clients, working collaboratively with both external and internal stakeholders.
Functions will include:
· Daily servicing of advertising client schedules across multiple platforms (linear, digital and VOD) and booking commercial schedules
· Manage advertisers’ sponsorships to ensure that all marketing elements are properly booked
· Develop strong understanding of Network 10’s products and solutions for advertisers
· Support and enhance agency relationships by monitoring requests and ensuring commercials spots are booked according to guidelines
· Generate and deliver billing reports and other ad-hoc reports as required
· Resolve billing discrepancies to ensure timely payment
· Participate in post analysis of campaigns
· Participate in projects, preparation of sales materials, and perform other duties as assigned
What are we looking for? What’s important?
· Experience in a similar B2B sales environment preferred
· A customer-focused, sales orientated approach to meeting client expectations.
· Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
· Detail oriented, organised, flexible, timely and accurate
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and meet deadlines
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
Extra brownie points for:
· Previous media experience would be great, but not essential
· Exposure to IBMS and/or Salesforce systems would be an advantage
We could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of every day. However, for now we’ll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
· 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
· We hold a 4.1 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation. We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world’s oldest living cultures.