As an industry we have not gathered together for the Oasis Ball and Campaign Brief Awards since 2019 – for many this will be their first experience of the night of nights for our industry so let’s make it one we’ll never forget. Oasis Ball Chair Cindy Henderson outlines the top 10 things to remember.
The Oasis Committee has been working hard on the ball but a few things to remember before you arrive;
1. There is a West Coast Eagles game at Optus Stadium – With bounce down at 6.40pm, plan your journey to avoid being caught in traffic – come early, Crown Resorts has plenty of bars for pre ball libations. Camfield Drive North will be closed, make sure you ask your ride share or taxi to enter via Great Eastern Highway. The Oasis Ball commences at 6.30pm sharp with doors to the ballroom at 6.50pm
2. Wristband collection instructions have been share with your business – no wristband, no entry – please don’t forget it
3. The ball is here to not only celebrate the achievements through the Campaign Brief Awards – we are also here to raise money for the Salvation Army Youth Service. Solid Gold Diamonds have donated a stunning diamond and gold pendant for the raffle, an incredible selection of silent auction items, plus the return of the iconic Executive Selection with 60 bottles of wine from media organisations and agencies.
4. Ooh Media Cocktail Bar makes its return – we are going cashless – just tap and go to get yourself a cocktail from the bar with money going to the Salvation Army Youth Services. Beers, Bubbles and Wines are available at your tables
5. Photo Booths are back thanks to News Corporation and SBS – we are cashless here again for priceless memories of what will be an treasured night
6. Val Morgan are bringing the magic of the cinema with fresh popcorn and a bespoke gelato from their candy bar after 11pm, plus there are some surprise late night catering treats for you
7. Be Respectful – Don’t forget your manners and be respectful to the performances on stage, and those who are speaking – we’ve reduced the formalities so you can catch up with those you haven’t seen in a long time but please be quiet when we have activity on stage
8. Media Wall – Our photographer is there from 6.30pm – 7.30pm – if you want an agency photo, we will have our professional photographers to make sure you look your best together as an agency
9. Water – pace yourself, it’s not a race
10. Share your experience on socials with #oasisball2022 and follow us on socials for any last minute updates throughout the night (facebook.com/oasisball and instagram.com/theoasisball/).