Telethon 2022 returns this weekend for the 55th edition of the fundraising spectacular. The West Australian community will come together over the weekend to play a leading role in supporting the health and well-being of our most vulnerable and disadvantaged children. The biggest giving weekend the state will ever see returns to the Perth CBD at RAC Arena on Saturday, 22 and Sunday, 23 October.
Channel 7 will broadcast live for 26 hours of non-stop fun, including the epic opening and closing shows with an entourage of some of the best in Australian TV, music and sport, providing plenty of laughter with unscripted and candid moments. Interstate viewers will also be able to stream it live or on-demand on 7plus.
The broadcast will commence at 7:00 pm Saturday with the Opening Show featuring entertainment, interviews, and donations. Viewers will be treated to live performances from Ricki-Lee, Ella Hooper, Lachie Gill, Paula Parore & Chrislyn Hamilton, Phil Burton, Jemma Rix from Frozen the Musical and more.
After a jam packed weekend of fun, on Sunday from 7:00 pm, the Telethon Closing Show is set to entertain and delight as we edge closer to the final tally announcement and live performances from the Hoodoo Gurus, Casey Barnes and more.
7NEWS Perth presenters and reporters will host Telethon, and for the first time since before COVID, a massive line-up of stars from interstate will return, including:
• David Koch – Sunrise
• Natalie Barr – Sunrise
• Sally Bowrey – Sunrise
• Mark Beretta – Sunrise
• Michael Usher – The Latest
• Larry Emdur – The Morning Show / The Chase
• Karen Ledbury – The Morning Show
• James Tobin – Weekend Sunrise
• Matt Shirvington – Weekend Sunrise / 7Sport
• Peter Ford – The Morning Show
• Luke Hodge – 7Sport
• Brian Taylor – 7Sport
• Abbey Gelmi – 7Sport
• Abbey Holmes – 7Sport
• Will Davison – Supercars
• Riana Crehan – SAS / Supercars
• Sonia Kruger – The Voice/Big Brother/ Dancing With The Stars
• Charlie Albone – Better Homes and Gardens
• Juliet Love – Better Homes and Gardens
• Manu Feildel – MKR
• Locky Gilbert – SAS Australia / The 4WD Adventure Show
• Lynne McGranger – (Irene) Home and Away
• Ada Nicodemou – (Leah) Home and Away
• Matt Evans – (Theo) Home and Away
• Kirsty Marillier – (Rose) Home and Away
• Juliet Godwin – (Bree) Home and Away
• Luke Van Os – (Xander) Home and Away
• Jacqui Purvis – (Felicity) Home and Away
On Sunday, The Telethon Family Festival, presented by Coles, will flow from RAC Arena onto Wellington Street, which will be closed between Elder and William streets. Yagan Square and Forrest Place will also host family fun throughout the day.
From 10 am – 4 pm, the public will be treated to free entry to the festival, free carnival rides, community performances, roving entertainment, a petting zoo and more. In addition, the State Government will support the much-loved charity event for children by providing free public transport on Sunday.
Last year, the event raised a record-breaking $62 million for sick, vulnerable and disadvantaged kids in Western Australia – this generosity gives all kids the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Viewers will be in for a memorable weekend that West Australians look forward to every year.
To donate call 1300 737 507 between 7:00pm Saturday and 8.30pm Sunday over the Telethon Weekend or head to www.telethon7.com/donate and donate at any time.