Southern Cross Austereo’s eight Redwave Media WA radio stations have switched over to the Triple M and Hit brands from today.
The regional radio stations have been operating under the Red FM and Spirit FM brands in eight regional areas and remote mine sites.
Under the changes, Red FM stations have moved to Hit radio brands and Spirit FM stations have moved to Triple M brands.
• Hit 106.5 – Karratha (previously 106.5 Red FM)
• Hit 101.3 – Broome (previously 101.3 Red FM)
• Hit 91.7 – Port Hedland (previously 91.7 Red FM)
• Hit 96.5 – Geraldton (previously 96.5 Red FM)
• Hit WA – remote mine sites (previously Red FM)
• 98.1 Triple M – Geraldton (previously Spirit 98.1 FM)
• 102.9 Triple M – Broome (previously Spirit 102.9 FM)
• 94.1 Triple M – Port Hedland (previously Spirit 94.1 FM)
• 102.5 Triple M – Karratha (previously Spirit 102.5 FM)
• Triple M WA – mine sites (previously Spirit remote)
Southern Cross Austereo CEO, Grant Blackley, said it was exciting to see the Hit and Triple M brands come to life in northern Western Australia.
“We’re sure listeners will enjoy the unique mix of music each brand brings to regional West Australians. Importantly, every station will continue to deliver strong local content and comprehensive coverage of news, information and events across Western Australia reflecting each community’s personality and values.”
“The eight stations take our national radio footprint to 98 stations nationwide, joining Australia’s largest radio network and all the benefits that brings.”