The One Club for Creativity today announced agencies in Australia and New Zealand took home 19 Pencils ~ seven Gold, four Silver, eight Bronze ~ in The One Show 2021, as unveiled during the online global Creative Week 2021. Saatchi & Saatchi Australia with Herd MSL led the way with six Pencils, including four One Show 2021 Golds, all for The Royal Australian Mint ‘Donation Dollar’.
‘Donation Dollar’ won three Golds in Direct Marketing, one in Physical Items, one in Integrated Campaign, and a third in Non-traditional & Guerrilla Marketing which was named last week as the Best of Discipline. The entry’s fourth Gold Pencil was in Print, Promotional Items – Physical Products.
‘Donation Dollar; also won Saatchi & Saatchi Australia a Silver Pencil in Direct Marketing, Innovation in Direct Marketing, and a Bronze in Direct Marketing, Craft – Art Direction.
Clemenger BBDO with PHD Content, was Australia’s other Gold Pencil winner this year for Rexona “Pitvertising” in Out of Home, Apparel.
Other One Show 2021 Pencil winners in Australia are:
- SILVER: TBWA with Eleven PR, both in Sydney, and AIRBAG Melbourne “Play NZ” for Tourism New Zealand in Social Media, Livestream
- BRONZE: CHE Proximity with Heckler, “Microcodes” for Samsung in Social Media, Active Engagement / Call to Action
- BRONZE: Ogilvy Australia with Ogilvy PR, “Secret Menu” for KFC Australia in Social Media, Stunts & Activations
- BRONZE: Ogilvy Australia with Ogilvy PR, “Secret Menu” for KFC Australia in Mobile, Utility – Ecommerce
- BRONZE: Special Group Australia with Chee Productions, Revolver and The Glue Society, “Uber Eats No Repeats” for Uber Eats in Film, Innovation in Film
From Western Australia Wunderman Thompson’s “Disappearing Dracula” for the WA Ballet won a Merit in the Posters – Single category.
In New Zealand, Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand with Starcom and MSL New Zealand, and Passion Pictures London, took home two One Show 2021 Gold Pencils, a Silver and a Bronze, all for “A Career-Limiting Campaign” on behalf of Global Women.
All of the Pencil were in Film, with the Golds in Television & VOD – Short Form – Series, and Under 50K Budget. The Silver Pencil was in Online Films & Video – Short Form – Series, and the Bronze in Online Films & Video – Long Form – Single.
DDB Aotearoa New Zealand with Body Positive won a One Show 2021 Silver Pencil for New Zealand AIDS Foundation, Body Positive, Positive Women “Sperm Positive: The Baby That Changed HIV” in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Public Relations.
Special Group with Sweetshop won two Bronze Pencils, one for Tourism New Zealand “Good Morning World” in Creative Effectiveness, Multi-Country or Global – Consumer/Brand, and the other with Poem for Every Kiwi Vote Counts “Meddle in the New Zealand Election” in Integrated, Craft – Writing.
Globally, AMV BBDO London was a big winner at The One Show 2021, winning Best of Show, six Best of Discipline awards, and being named the show’s Agency of the Year. The agency won all of its 12 Gold Pencils this year on behalf of client Libresse, with Best of Show going to “#wombpainstories”, which won Gold in Integrated, Interactive & Online, and Public Relations.
Other top Gold Pencil winners for the year include Area 23 New York with Claire’s Place Foundation Redondo Beach with 13 Golds for “Sick Beats” on behalf of Woojer. Also with 13 One Show Golds is FCB New York, all for “Michelob ULTRA Courtside” for Michelob ULTRA, Microsoft and the NBA.
This year’s top One Show honors, based upon cumulative scores for Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
- Agency of the Year — AMV BBDO London
- Independent Agency of the Year — Translation Brooklyn
- In-House Agency of the Year — Spotify In-House
- Network of the Year — BBDO Worldwide
- Creative Holding Company of the Year — Interpublic Group
- Production Company of the Year — Chelsea Pictures
- Music & Sound Company of the Year — 750mph
- Client of the Year — Libresse
The One Show 2021 special awards:
This year marked the inaugural One Show Fusion Pencil, the advertising and design industry’s first global awards to recognize great work that best incorporates diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles and underrepresented groups in both the creative content of the work and the team that made it.
There were two winners of The One Show 2021 Green Pencil, recognizing the most environmentally conscious creative work for the year: Havas Turkey İstanbul “Water Index” for Reckitt/Finish, and Ogilvy Poland Warsaw “Green Instructions” for LEGO.
The One Show 2021 Sustainable Development Goals Pencil, created in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships and nonprofit PVBLIC Foundation to reward agencies and brands who utilize their talents and resources to create work which betters the world and contributes to securing a sustainable future for all, went to:
- DDB Group Germany Berlin with DaHouse Audio Berlin, Blockworks London and MediaMonks Hilversum “The Uncensored Library” for Reporters Without Borders
- MullenLowe New York with MediaHub “The UNSeen Story” for UN Women
- Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan
The One Show Cultural Driver Gold Pencil, recognizing influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments, and exist outside the traditional categories in advertising and design, went to Edelman New York “A New Jingle for a New Era” for Good Humor, and Translation Brooklyn with Prettybird Los Angeles “You Love Me” for Beats by Dre
The prestigious One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented to Saatchi & Saatchi New York and Procter & Gamble-TIde.
A total of 17,719 pieces were entered in The One Show 2021 from 65 countries. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 54 countries were awarded 173 Gold Pencils, 161 Silver, 224 Bronze and 1,102 Merits.
All One Show 2021 Pencil and Merit winners were announced today during the global Creative Week 2021.