Australasian Writers and Art Directors (AWARD) has today announced its first official lineup of AWARD School ambassadors – a group of 2022’s top students who’ll encourage, guide and support the next round of candidates applying for the renowned 12-week course.
As recent graduates, the 14 creative professionals will provide a unique perspective on what it takes to break into and excel at AWARD School, starting with how aspiring students can put their best foot forward as part of the selective application process.
The group will also work with their peers to encourage a broader, more diverse range of applicants with interests in everything from creative problem-solving and cracking big ideas to storytelling, commercial creativity and entrepreneurship.
Says AWARD School national/NSW co-head Matt Chandler, DDB’s executive creative director: “We are thrilled that some of this year’s top graduates have come together to give the next group of aspiring students a leg up to get into one of the most prestigious creative courses in the region.
“It shows genuine leadership and a willingness to share their insights as creatives working across various disciplines such as copywriting, art direction, brand, strategy, marketing, media and more. Their advice will be invaluable to anyone applying for AWARD School next year.”
The first official role for some of the ambassadors will be to host AWARD School’s free, online Alumni Info Night on 6 December (register here), where they’ll give prospective students from across the country a head start on how to craft a winning AWARD School application and navigate the application process.
AWARD School’s 2023 ambassadors:
- Andrew Fonceca, Senior UI Consultant, Wunderman Thompson, 2nd place WA
- Brendan Morrow, Freelance Copywriter, National Winner / 1st place WA
- Bronnie Clements, Marketing Consultant, Focused Marketing Australia, 2nd place QLD
- Charlie Rosanove, Junior Creative, TBWASydney, Top 10 NSW
- Catherine Lucas, Freelance Art Director, 1st place QLD
- Corinne Teng, Junior Content Producer, e-Mersion Media, Top 10 VIC
- Dallas Rodgers, Junior Creative, The Rowdy Group, 1st place SA
- Francesca Germanis, Creative/Graphic Designer, Them Advertising 2nd place SA
- Jiaan Koch, Business Director, DDB Group Australia, Top 10 VIC
- Kirsty Reynolds, Senior Marketing Manager, Macquarie Capital, 1st place Online Program
- Phoebe Gribble, Copywriter, Howatson+Company Mentorship NSW
- Rachel Tucker, Associate/Brand Momentum, Sayers, Top 10 NSW
- Sophie Hackett, Digital Designer, Tribal Australia, 1st place NSW
- Tosh Greenslade, Copywriter, Dentsu Creative, Class of 2022
Says Tosh Greenslade, AWARD School 2023 ambassador and chair of the upcoming Alumni Info Night: “To have such an accomplished group of graduates on hand to guide you through the ins and outs of AWARD School is a pretty amazing resource.
“When I was preparing my own application, I drew on every piece of information I could find. That said, we look forward to meeting everyone interested in next year’s program at the info night on December 6.”
EVENT DETAILS: AWARD SCHOOL 2023 ALUMNI INFO NIGHT
7:00pm-8:00pm AEDT, Tuesday 6 December 2022
Zoom: Register here
Hosts: Tosh Greenslade (Dentsu Creative), Charlie Rosanove (TBWASydney), Rachel Tucker (Brand Momentum, Sayers), Catherine Lucas (freelance art director), Bronnie Clements(Focused Marketing Australia), and Dallas Rodgers (The Rowdy Group).
Applications for AWARD School 2023 will officially open on 8 February 2023 and will close on 22 February, with the successful group of 200 students starting the intensive 12-week program on 20 March.