Chris O’Keefe, Chief Operating Officer of independent media agency Match & Wood, has been appointed an independent director on the board of the MFA (Media Federation of Australia).
O’Keefe is one of two independent representatives on the board, replacing Bohemia Group CEO Brett Dawson who is stepping down after six years.
“I’m passionate about the work that media agencies do and I want to see the industry and our people flourish. A seat on the MFA Board is a great way to affect change on a larger scale, said O’Keefe.
“I look forward to working with my fellow board members to continue to elevate the perception of media agencies, to increase trust, and to ensure we are valued for our specialised skills – not just by CMOs, but also CEOs and CFOs.”
In addition to championing independent agencies, O’Keefe said one of his key priorities will be driving a countrywide agenda.
“The MFA has been doing a fantastic job for many years and their efforts have largely aligned with the distribution of media agency personnel around the country. That is, east coast markets have naturally benefitted to a greater extent due to the size of the opportunity there,” said O’Keefe.
“As a proud bi-coastal agency with offices in Melbourne and Perth, Match & Wood has always championed the WA industry and supported local media, and I believe my appointment to the MFA board will allow me to continue building on this. I would like to see increased accessibility of the MFA’s high quality training, events and other resources to ensure agencies around Australia can benefit to a greater extent than ever before.”
O’Keefe begins his board duties in early 2021.
MFA board members
• Sophie Madden, CEO, MFA
• Peter Horgan, CEO, Omnicom Media Group ANZ – Chair
• Megan Brownlow, Non-Executive Director – Deputy Chair
• Mark Coad, CEO, IPG Mediabrands Australia
• Mark Lollback, CEO, GroupM ANZ
• Michael Rebelo, CEO, Publicis Groupe ANZ
• Imogen Hewitt, CEO, Spark Foundry
• Katie Rigg-Smith, CEO, Mindshare Australia
• Melissa Fein, CEO, Initiative Australia
• Sue Squillace, CEO, Carat ANZ
• Aimee Buchanan, CEO, OMD
• Jimmy Hyett, CEO & Founder, This Is Flow
• Chris O’Keefe, COO & Founder, Match & Wood