The accolades continue to pile up for The Brand Agency’s Hungry Puffs for Foodbank WA, with the campaign winning Gold in the WARC Awards.
Ten campaigns from around the world – one Grand Prix, three Golds, four Silvers and two Bronzes – have won in the Effective Innovation category, which recognises innovative thinking that has transformed a business to deliver tangible results.
Hungry Puffs won Gold plus the special Category Innovation Award, for the best example of a brand defying category norms or creating a new category.
whiteGREY and Mindshare in Australia have won the Grand Prix for their Omtanke – Rethinking Volvo initiative, which highlighted the car manufacturer’s sustainability credentials leading to the creation of the Volvo Living Seawall, an ocean conservation project in Sydney Harbour. Volvo experienced an unprecedented 113% average uplift in brand attributes across its key target audiences and record sales.
Campaigns for global brands including KFC, Nestlé, Pedigree, Tanqueray and Xbox, as well as local brands such as Master Kong Express Noodle in China and Donner Sang Computer in Lebanon, were among the.
Commenting on the winners, jury chair, Jane Wakely, Lead Chief Marketing Officer, Mars & Mars Pet Nutrition, commented: “Amidst the current challenges faced by the world, it’s never been more critical that brand innovations deliver tangible IMPACT for consumers. The true innovations are the ideas that can meet the needs of consumers, address their pain points or provide added-value in a creative and surprising way. Against the backdrop of an impressive line-up of submissions, it was this ability to fuse creativity with deep consumer insight that truly set this year’s Innovation winners apart.”
The jury of 14 agency- and client-side industry professionals, selected the following winners:
• Omtanke – Rethinking Volvo · Volvo Cars Australia · Volvo Cars · whiteGREY, Mindshare · Australia
• Hungry Puffs · Foodbank WA · Foodbank Australia · The Brand Agency · Australia + Category Innovation Award
• #FFAB60 – Searching for the special colour of Seville · Tanqueray · Diageo · PS21 · Spain + Partnership Award
• Visit Xbox – the Birth of Gaming Tourism · Xbox · Microsoft · McCann London · United Kingdom + Channel Innovation Award
• SelfieSTIX · Pedigree · Mars · Colenso BBDO · New Zealand
• Blood Unity · Donner Sang Compter (DSC) · FP7 McCann Dubai · Lebanon
• Colonel KI · KFC · Yum! China · Mindshare China · China
• OMO Tag · OMO · Unilever · TBWA\RAAD · Lebanon
• Ok Nestlé! Tell me more about food · Nestlé · McCann Worldgroup · India
• The Makeover of the Four Immortals · Master Kong Express Noodle · Ting Hsin International Group · BBDO China · China
View the winning case studies in the Effective Innovation category HERE.
The Grands Prix and Special Awards winners across the four categories of the WARC Awards share a $40,000 prize fund.
The winners of the remaining categories – Effective Content Strategy, Effective Social Strategy and Effective Use of Brand Purpose – will be announced soon.