Future of Executive Leadership In WA: Australian Marketing Institute Hosts Breakfast Panel Analysing Marketings Impact on The C-Suite
The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) WA, in collaboration with sponsors Edith Cowan University, are set to host a thought-provoking breakfast panel discussion on the future of executive leadership in Western Australia. This event, on 25 October, promises to provide valuable insights for professionals aspiring to senior leadership roles and those keen on gaining a deeper understanding of the evolving landscape of business leadership in WA. The event will also delve into the increasingly multidisciplinary and integrated nature of marketing within the broader business framework.
The breakfast panel, titled “How Marketing is Changing the C-suite” will focus on the skills and experience that marketing executives bring to senior leadership teams. It will also address the growing trend of CEOs having a robust understanding of marketing principles. The panel discussion will address the current challenges and opportunities faced by marketing executives, including globalisation, data privacy, and economic shifts.
Attendees can look forward to a morning of great food, quality networking, and engaging dialogue; they will gain valuable insights into how marketing influences business outcomes, how marketers can secure a seat at the leadership table, and the invaluable perspectives that current leaders can share. This event promises to shed light on the dynamic role of marketing in shaping the future of executive leadership in WA. To register or for further information, please visit https://memberhub.ami.org.au/event-5420328.
Business News competition:
Business News have generously donated a prize of a staggering $5,000 worth of advertising across their platforms! Competition is exclusively via QR code at the door on the day of the event. T&Cs apply.
• Date: 25th October
• Time: 8:00 AM
• Venue: The Stables, 888 Hay Street, Perth Western Australia 6000
• 08:00 AM: Arrival and Registration
• 08:15 AM: Opening Address
• 08:30 AM: Panel Discussion and Q&A
• 09:30 AM: Breakfast Canapés and Networking on the Balcony
• 10:00 AM: Event Conclusion
Senior Journalist, Business News
• Tyrrell joined Business News in 2021 and covers property for the publication.
• Tyrrell began her journalism career with Seven West Media in 2009, after graduating from Edith
• Cowan University.
• She worked at regional publications before moving to The West Australian in 2013, and has also
• worked in London as a journalist covering the finance sector.
The moderator for the panel will be ECU alumni Tyrrell, who is a senior journalist at Business News with over 13 years of experience in the media industry, including time at CCIWA, as well as at Incisive Media, covering business news in London.
Her experience and knowledge of the finance and business world make her an ideal moderator for a panel discussion on the ways in which marketing is changing the role of the CEO and other C-suite executives.
Head of Marketing at Harvest Road
• Over 20 years of marketing leadership experience in the Asia Pacific region
• Expertise in navigating competitive and regulated environments
Tomeo is the Head of Marketing at Harvest Road. He is a seasoned marketing leader with over 20 years of experience in the Asia Pacific region. He has a proven track record of success in driving growth for brands in a variety of industries, including retail, B2B, and healthcare.
Tomeo is passionate about using customer insights to develop and execute marketing strategies that drive results, as well as being an expert in navigating competitive and regulated environments. His experience with some of the biggest brands within the Asia Pacific region will provide invaluable observations into the challenges and strategies of navigating the C-suite.
Tony Dawe GAICD
• Experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with over 25 years of experience
• Skills in digital strategy, investor relations, corporate social responsibility, media and stakeholder engagement, and crisis communications
• Considerable experience in company director roles
Dawe, GAICD, is an experienced corporate communication and investor relations practitioner with over 25 years of experience, including in-house and consulting roles at numerous ASX 100-300 companies. He is skilled in digital strategy, investor relations, corporate social responsibility, media and stakeholder engagement, and crisis communications.
Dawe’s considerable experience in company director roles gives him a unique perspective on the changing role of the CEO and other C-suite executives. He has seen firsthand how senior roles are becoming increasingly integrated with other business functions.
CEO of Asthma WA
• Over 18 years of marketing background
• Passionate about leading and inspiring diverse teams, developing strategic business plans, and identifying growth opportunities
Hallam is the CEO of Asthma WA, where she has transitioned from a marketing background of over 18 years with successes in strategic leadership across government, agency, corporate, and professional services.
Hallam is passionate about leading and inspiring diverse teams, developing strategic business plans, and identifying growth opportunities for organizations. Her experience across marketing and executive roles will provide a unique insight into the benefits and challenges of the marketing function at the C-level.