Follow the Rising Sun to commemorate Anzac Day: creatives in OZ/NZ invited to join the project and share the event in their neighbourhoods
A group of creatives have developed a concept for ANZAC Day, April 25, to create content live across Australia and New Zealand and show people’s commemorations in isolation. They’re inviting other creatives to join the project and share the event in their neighbourhoods.
Given the fact that ANZAC day will not proceed as usual this year, many will have heard about the great idea which has been circulating, that people walk out from their homes at 5.55 am to mark and celebrate ANZAC Day.
The ‘Follow the Rising Sun’ concept is to coordinate Drone Pilots, Photographers, Videographers and Musicians across the two nations and further abroad, streaming this phenomenal spectacle live across an online streaming platform to symbolise the connection across both our great countries of Australia, New Zealand and beyond our shores captured during Anzac Day.
Live stream filming, uploading of images and Youtube clips of neighbourhoods will bring together thousands as they stand on their verges in isolation but together as an Australian & New Zealand Story of Connection!
The impact on the Screen Industry & Music Industry will give creatives an opportunity to collaborate with music and video across a multi-channel platform.
We also would love the footage to be uploaded (visit the website) to be used in an ANZAC DAY IN ISOLATION Film on how the nations came together.
Ideas on the Website / Facebook page on how to participate…
• Make a wreath to put on the drive way
• Chalk drawings on the road / footpaths of Anzac relevant
• Have a driveway BBQ (Don’t forget ANZAC Day is all day!)
• Post a note on your local community groups so that you can communicate and liaise with people to know what they are doing so that they can be filmed.
• This is the time to come together to create your own ANZAC Day event in your community
• Collaborate with existing Anzac projects that are been curated across the globe.