NewsMediaWorks has announced the finalists for the 2019 News Media Awards that showcase and celebrate the best professionally generated news content, industry innovations and people that are driving the industry forward across news media publishing.
From a field of 500 entries from Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region, the awards recognise excellence in news publishing and build on the long heritage of the PANPA Newspaper of the Year Awards and the Advertising and Marketing Awards that have been a highlight of the news publishing calendar since 1969.
News Corp Australia dominates with 87 finalists across its national and east coast titles, while Nine Newspapers has 23.
WA finalists for Seven West Media & Community News include:
Best Execution of Print Advertising for a Client (Community)
• Lotterywest Puzzles Page – Community News
Best Execution of Native Advertising for a Client (Open)
• RAC Look Up – PerthNow
• Mazda The Derby Off-road Challenge – The West Australian
Best Trade Marketing Campaign (Open)
• Community Connect – Community News
Best Use of Print (Open)
• IGA: Where the Locals Matter – The Weekend West
Portrait, Feature or Lifestyle Photography (Community)
• Great Balls of Fire (above) by Andrew Ritchie – Fremantle Gazette
• Fremantle Festival (below) by Andrew Ritchie – Community News
Sport Photography (Community)
• Mikayla Wilson by Jon Hewson – Mandurah Coastal Times (Seven West Media)
• Phoenix James by Jon Hewson – Mandurah Coastal Times (Seven West Media)
Community News Group Sales & Marketing Director, Guy Turner said: “We are very pleased to once again be recognised for our multi-award winning photography, as well as for best print advertising for a puzzles page execution for Lotterywest with Initiative and Marketforce, plus best trade marketing campaign for our brand building program, Community Connect.”
“Print is a fantastic creative canvas, and we are pleased to continue to innovate and explore new executions for our clients and readers.”
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner in Sydney on September 24. See the full list of Finalists here.