Bonfire has been named Marketing Agency of the Year by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) at the 2020 AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence.
In its 39th year, the Marketing Excellence Gala celebrates hundreds of individuals and organisations who achieved extraordinary success from innovative and effective marketing.
Held last week and hosted by actor Shane Jacobson, the virtual ceremony included a keynote presentation by Laura Clarke, a performance from country music duo O’Shea, and an interactive virtual platform featuring private party rooms, a celebrity panel and Q&A.
The virtual ceremony showcased the winners for eighteen campaign categories and eight special awards.
Local digital performance agency Bonfire was announced winner of the Marketing Agency of the Year award. Distinguished by their expertise in the highly specialised field of Search, Bonfire outshone the competition with growth results that defied economic conditions, both for clients and as an agency. Bonfire’s work with some of the nation’s most iconic brands, combined with their rapid growth to 45 in-house staff, has made it one of the nation’s biggest and most experienced specialist digital agencies.
Clay Cook, Bonfire’s CEO, said the win was a humbling victory and vindicated the hard work the team have been doing over the last eight years.
“We’ve worked incredibly hard to challenge the status quo when it comes to agency performance and growth for our clients. To be recognised at the forefront of our field on a national stage, up against some formidable competitors, is an incredible win for our hard? working team.”
“A huge thank you to not only our amazing team of bright minds, but our incredible clients too. This level of industry recognition would not be possible without them.”
“Congratulations to all the award winners and finalists, it’s an honour to be a part of such an exceptional awards program.”
2020 AMI Award for Marketing Excellence Special category winners (National)
• Certified Practicing Marketer of the Year – Michelle Fragar, BRANDiT Qld
• Chief Marketing Officer of the Year – Tony Quarmby, Tourism NT
• Emerging Marketer of the Year – Alexandra Tyler, Invest Property Group NSW
• Future Leader of the Year – Samantha Franklin, Ego Pharmaceuticals VIC
• Sir Charles McGrath Award – Marnie Baker, Bendigo, and Adelaide Bank
• Student Achievement – Qistina Binti Zainir, RMIT University VIC
• Marketing Agency of the Year – Bonfire WA
• Marketing Agency of the Year – Paper + Spark NSW
• Marketing Campaign of the Year Changing the perception and driving visitation to the Top End, Tourism NT
• Marketing Team of the Year Dexus Marketing NSW
• Life Member Rajeev Sharma, Charles Darwin University NT
• Life Member Barry Salter, Salter Marketing and Events SA